Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Everyday Inspiration


I've never been much of a cook, learning to out of self-preservation, I've always like to bake but man does not live on sweets alone. My husband is a great cook so fortunately for our kids' palates and mine, they have him to look forward to on the weekends.

Lately though, I've started watching the Food Network while folding clothes or cleaning up the basement. The Sun Times has a great rundown today of TV chefs, which I mostly agree with, especially panning "Semi-Homemade Cooking". You'd think that show would appeal to me given that's how I cook, but it looks like cardboard is on the menu--color coordinated with the table arrangements and the hostess outfit.

Yeah, I like The Barefoot Contessa the best, despite the name she looks and sounds comfortable and is in my age bracket. I try to exercise watching that one, though.

As I say, I live an exciting life.

Everyday inspiration.

No comments: