Sunday, September 14, 2008

An Accent I Can Believe In

The Trib highlights Tina Fey playing Palin on SNL last night. It was pretty entertaining.

I would just add, though, coming from someone with a cheesehead accent, despite all these years living in Chicawgo (that's how Chicagoans sound to me, and the north shore has its version of valleygirl speak), most Americans have an accent--whether they know it or not.

Frankly, Americans with a discernable regional accent seem more authentic. As one of my relatives (not the liberal Wisconsin ones) said about Sarah Palin--now there's an accent I can believe in.

UPDATE: The Politico on why McCain-Palin is winning. One point:
While Democrats have continued to hit at Palin’s inexperience, only 36 percent of likely voters believe Palin lacks the proper experience while 47 percent said the same of Obama.

No comments: