Saturday, October 25, 2008

Palin Number One in People

The Sarah Palin story is number one in People. A bit:
SP: We don't have a whole lot of time to argue and bicker. It's a team effort how we get from point A to point B every day with everything that needs to get done.
TP: The normal challenges, it's the kids' schedules, where they go and who's coming over.

And that's mostly fallen to you now –
TP: Well we've always shared that responsibility, especially with my [oil-drilling] slope job. So, when I'm gone with work, she's got both hats on. When I come home, I try to carry both hats, as long as I don't disrupt their schedule.

In normal times, who does what around the house?
SP: Todd grew up helping to raise a lot of sisters and it was expected that he would be a helpmate to his parents and siblings. It's just par for the course now that he does as much as I do around the house. In fact you probably do more [laughs], with my busy schedule. Todd has an unconventional work schedule: gone summers commercial fishing and then week-on, week-off in his [oil] job. When he is home, he takes over.
TP: I have to. If I don't then there's no Iron Dog [snowmobile racing], there's not all the good stuff.

Mm-hmm. The payoffs.
SP: No. It's truly a partnership where we share the workload because … We've never really looked at it as a workload. It's a pleasure to be home, it's a pleasure to be working with the kids. We enjoy cooking, we enjoy cleaning up together. It's just what we do.

No comments: