Friday, January 23, 2009

Playing Tag in January

It's January in Chicago--how can we amuse ourselves?

John Ruberry, Marathon Pundit tagged me and then Tom did too (see below), so here goes.

The rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you (done, above)
2. Post the rules on your blog (you're reading them now)
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself (see below)
4. Tag six random people with a link.


1. Non-important thing: I do non-important things every day. When my kids were little a big night out was a run to Walgreen's. Now I blog.

2. Quirk: I like to think I could exist solely on chocolate. This may be the only thing I remotely have in common with Nancy Pelosi.

3. Quirk: In common with Tom, Chicago News Bench, total strangers ask me directions too--even when I myself am out of town and consulting a map. Maybe I look prepared. Maybe it's the freckles. See #4

4. Non-important thing: I have freckles. When I first got glasses back in junior high, they popped out at me. Now they just kind of blend. That's the closest I come to a tan.

5. Habit: I like to walk my little dog every day. I especially enjoy recycling the blue NY Times newspaper bag to clean up after her.

6. Quirk: Let's hope it's a quirk. In case it's not obvious enough, I am a political junkie. I add that I may be addicted to politics, but I have never smoked marijuana, which I used to tell myself could mean I could become a Supreme Court Justice, if needed. But these days it seems less and less likely.

The links:

Wilmette Blog

Bill Baar's West Side
ResPublica
Flying Debris
Conservative Brand
With Both Hands

No comments: