Monday, March 02, 2009

Just Tea, a Strong Brew

Getting some play in the Village Voice again, this time on the subject of the tea parties. Nice try, but we're not the elitists. We're not the masters of the universe trying to make America conform to the image and likeness of the new god.

Does Black Forest Berry Honest Tea go with a cheeseburger?

I didn't think so.

And I don't get my talking points from the Instapundit. I was responding to Moran which I saw on RCP and only saw the Instapundit bit later on the Playboy conspiracy hysteria, and then I wrote, You Know, de Tocqueville?

I would also say Santelli's concerns have some resonance, as after the president's speech the other night--even before he unveiled the details of his destructive leftist budget, CNN's polling revealed a worry gap--women were more worried than men.

Among the women I spoke to at the Chicago Tea Party were those who had never come to any kind of rally--ever. They were apolitical, but they were worried about the future of their children and grandchildren.

I'm putting the kettle on for a simple but strong cup.

The president's numbers keep tanking, in sync with the market--why is that? (Are they only polling a select few, is that it?) And millions are voting with their money in the market.

UPDATE: Rasmussen:

Given the choice between federal bailouts for the auto companies, the finance industry and financially trouble homeowners or no bailouts for any of them, 54% say no bailouts period.

No comments: