Monday, April 20, 2009

Earth to Susan Roesgen

I love this comment on the CNN embarrassment:

How should those of us who attend Tea Parties respond to "reporting" like CNN's Susan Roesgen?

Susan Roesgen to Citizen: Don't you realize that you're eligible for a $400 tax cut!?!?

Citizen: OK, let me illustrate how I feel about that. Say I'm a Politician. Susan, I'm going to GIVE you a $400 gift! Aren't I wonderful? All I need from you is to borrow your credit card...[hold out hand for card]

CNN: You want to use MY credit card to buy ME a gift?

Citizen: Along with a few other things; just $6000 or so. I'm a politician; I have NEEDS --- EXPENSIVE needs.

CNN: $6000!?!

Citizen: This year's budget will borrow $1.85 TRILLION -- that's over $6000 for every man, woman & child in America. But we're getting a $400 "tax cut". You seem to think that's a great deal.

And that's just this year's budget. As ol James Traficant used to say on the House floor, beam me up Scotty.

P.S. New Tea Party site up for the next onslaught! Also AfterTheTeaParty.com--what you can do.

Previous posts: Tea Party! PC No More, Astroturf Axelrod Speaks

No comments: