Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Sales Tax Rollback

By the Cook County Board, 12-3. The question is whether Stroger will sign it and whether the board can override if necessary. CBS2 Chicago. Crain's says probably won't be able to.

P.S. Let's keep the pressure on! Daily Herald. Tribune, comments:

The tax doesn't make economic sense anyways. People are buying less therefore there is less tax to collect. Hiking the tax means people will buy less. I for one do most of my shopping in Will county since I know I will get a better deal out there rather than in the city that I live!

Stroger needs to buck up, do some house cleaning, get this out of control budget back on track and just allow the bill to pass. Look at how many people live on nearly nothing, there is no reason our government should be spending so much money. I'm sure even with my math skills I could create a better budget!

Chicagoan on May 5, 2009 2:11 PM

We're watching. All of you.

Dear Tod, Paul is looking very good to me right now.

I simply buy EVERYTHING I can outside of Cook County where sales taxes are lower and parking is usually free.

Don Quixote on May 5, 2009 2:58 PM

Sign. The. Bill.

It's about the only chance you have not to get nailed with the "He refused to repeal a jobs killing tax hike during the Great Recession. Herbert Hoover=Todd Stroger. Tell him enough - vote Vallas."

No comments: