Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Chicago ObamaCare Dueling Rallies

Eric Odom is twitpixing the rally. Here are the first two. Astroturfers (paid agitators!!!):
Good guys: UPDATE from tennismom:
Eyewitness: One speaker for the Dems claimed to have "a thousand people" in Federal Plaza. I think his estimate was generous. There weren't nearly as many people on the pro-Oby side as turned out on April 15 for the Chicago Tax Day Tea Party.

On the anti-Oby side of the street, we numbered maybe a hundred. I'd blame the low turnout on short notice. They other side was obviously better 'organized'. Their signs were pre-printed (no doubt by union print shops).

Next time, the good guys willl turn out in force. Somebody at today's rally handed out flyers for a tea party about "Healthcare Freedom and Our Constitutional Rights," to be held 11-1 Saturday Sept. 12 at Grant Park. Marchers are going to meet at the bean and march up Michigan Avenue. Mark your calendars.
UPDATE: Another report:
Today several Cook County Democrats had a rally with 200 - 250 attendees at the Federal Building in Chicago. Two school buses brought in mostly elderly people and SEIU and AFSCME members seemed to make up the rest. The rally was probably held after work so they could just come over from their County and Federal jobs. There were a few hastily scribbled, hard to read handmade signs, but mostly preprinted ones distributed at the sight. There were tables set up to sign up people and an area set aside for the Press (Only one person used this area.). The Press really did attend - but in small numbers.

I came as a protestor and was the only one who brought and waved an American flag in the crowd. If you see any footage of the event, I stood behind the speakers with my flags (also an Illinois flag) and my signs. Many pictures were taken of me. I was asked to remove myself, but I refused. I was eventually protected by several Chicago policemen and thanked them afterward, even though I was not threatened - maybe because of them.


There were about 50 other protestors like me gathered with their handmade signs across the street. It was heartening to hear their 'objections'. Also, quite a surprise to see so many since they had received no union invitation and had not received a bus ride to show up.

No comments: