Thursday, February 04, 2010

Good News for Brady

The Pantagraph:
SPRINGFIELD -- Despite campaigning on behalf of Kirk Dillard, former Gov. Jim Edgar believes Bill Brady's slim lead in the Republican primary election for governor will hold up.

As it stands, Brady, the state senator from Bloomington, holds a 406-vote lead over Dillard, the state senator from Hinsdale. Election officials are still waiting on absentee and provisional ballots to trickle in after the close of voting Tuesday.

"I'm saying this as if the 406 votes are going to hold up. I suspect it will," Edgar said.
So maybe there won't be a recount. It sounds like Edgar as elder party statesman is not in favor of one. That would be good news.

More.
wlsam890 RT @WBEZ: Is Facebook giving Brady the edge? Brady leads Dillard by 406 votes, 889 friends http://bit.ly/9X4QQK
More. I did especially notice some hits on my Brady posts on election day. What do you know. I liked Proft, but I always knew he was a long shot and I hoped Brady might get a look as an alternative to the three establishment oldies. So I kept posting.

No comments: