Friday, February 17, 2006

Oz vs. Them


In the Sun Times today, White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, in his usual freewheeling style, had a few things to say about taxes (he lives in Illinois) and political correctness:
What kind of life are we living here? You work seven days a week and get paid for four because of taxes, and you don't have a right to say anything?''
His recent US citizeship:
"I'm rich because of the United States, not Venezuela. My sons got a great education because of the United States, not Venezuela. I'm 42 years old, and I've [lived] 26 years in this country, not Venezuela. That doesn't mean I'm not a Venezuelan. But you think this is not the greatest country in the world? Prove me wrong. Tell me why we don't have Americans going to live in Venezuela and why we have Venezuelans coming to live here.''
And Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez:
"I'm more Venezuelan than Chavez is because I represent Venezuela. He's our leader, but you ask people who they'd rather have [running] the country? They're going to vote for me.''

No comments: