Wednesday, March 22, 2006

We Only Want to Help You

Here is a story by Marathon Pundit, "Judge Scolds Chicago for trying to seize Englewood church". I wrote earlier that I anticipated something like this in The New and Bigger Public Pie. I just didn't think they would be so blatant about it. I had confided to me once by a "non-profit" "affordable housing" DEVELOPER who thought I was part of his cozy group of allies, that they and village officials in some of the suburbs liked to bring church property onto the tax rolls. They were continually scouting for an aging convent or two (to take advantage of). And here we have the hypocrisy of government officials, who only want to help all of us of course, trying to shut down one of the few institutions that brings hope to this community.

In a related issue, there is a hearing in Springfield tomorrow on the eminent domain legislation
pending in the Illinois House.

No comments: