Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Move on Social Security

I was channel surfing yesterday for TV to fold clothes by, and stopped at C-Span. Hey, I was looking for the Food Network.

Leaders of the 60 Plus Association were speaking at the National Press Club on Social Security reform. C-Span link here. I keep throwing away the AARP applications they keep sending me now that I'm over 50. Gotta join 60 Plus.

Other groups on the panel, very impressive young men, Patrick Wetherille of Students for Saving Social Security (4S) and Ryan Ellis of the American Shareholders Association.

Social Security is once again an issue in this next election cycle, and the debate has moved on to include a new generation which may demand real reform. They are beginning to know unless we move to reform Social Security they will be burdened with heavy taxes and nothing in it for them.

Related posts: The Real Deal, Boomsday, Grasshoppers and Ants

No comments: