Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Liberal Road Rage

The Tribune has a story this morning, "Signs of road rage may be on bumper":
Szlemko and his colleagues at Ft. Collins found that people who personalize their cars acknowledge that they are aggressive drivers but usually don't realize they are reporting much higher levels of aggression than people whose cars lack visible markers on their vehicles.

"The more markers a car has, the more aggressively the person tends to drive when provoked," he said.

The key to the phenomenon apparently lies in the idea of territoriality. Drivers with road rage tend to think of public streets and highways as "my street" and "my lane."
It could be where I live, but the cars I see plastered with bumper stickers are Lefties, reminding me of this post. And this one, which still holds.

And there's other evidence that conservatives are happier people.

No comments: