Friday, September 05, 2008

MSM Bias this Week

A few final comments before I sign off for the week. Another stunner--despite competing with a football game, I heard on Rush this morning John McCain's speech outdrew Barack Obama's! This after Palin nearly matched Obama the night before, even though he was covered by 10 networks and she by six. And according to Rasmussen today, her favorables are higher than both men!

Since we're talking media, all week we were especially aware of MSBNC bias-- even their location staking out the square just outside Xcel was geared to attract protesters as their first priority. Did they really want to talk to the GOP inside? Nah. So when Sarah Palin mentioned media bias in her speech on Wed., the crowd chanted "NBC, NBC"--shortlived, but I heard it up top on Radio Row in the convention center. There were TV monitors up there and the closed captioning was on. I had MSNBC right in front of me. Up until then when the speech drew applause and chanting, they captioned the chant--like "Drill Baby Drill", so I looked up to check and it wasn't there. Kind of a direct hit I'd say. Perhaps it is no coincidence their booth in the convention hall was right next to al Jazeera, the "mainstream choice" for the rabid left, and worse.

Last night some Code Pink protesters disrupted Sen. McCain's speech at least a couple of times. My blogger friends were close by. The talk that night was MSM had given them their credentials. The talk this morning on Rush was that it was MSNBC.

Take a cleansing breath. Next post, pictures from St. Paul.

No comments: