Friday, September 05, 2008

Pictures from St. Paul

I'll start with the Karl Rove sighting yesterday as people were headed through security late afternoon for the warm-up to the McCain speech.This was Wednesday morning on Radio Row, when the MSM was beating up on Sarah Palin and her daughter Bristol bigtime. This delegate from Colorado came in to speak on Dennis Prager's radio show and defend them. Lots of photographers took pictures of her hat. At first I was afraid she was a Code Pinker, but when she said why she was there and I saw what was on her hat I realized she was the real deal.This truck was at the intersection of Kellogg and Wabasha, right along the Mississippi and about as close to the convention as it could get. RedState had their blogger brunches at a hotel there.A quiet moment for Charlie Brown and Snoopy in the square. As you probably know, Charles Schulz was from St. Paul.We had our morning coffee and listened to Schroeder serenade Lucy.My blogger buddies John Ruberry, Marathon Pundit (elephant hat, natch) and Lance "Uncle Sam" Burri. My first BlogHer interviewee and new friend Skye intent (on the Left--only in the pix of course)--we really didn't look up much beyond the news monitors.Hugh Hewitt on Radio Row, apparently with a Hawaiian admirer.Outside, PETA piggies who obediently turned at my command so I wouldn't shoot into the sun--so docile, maybe I should adopt them. But I like my burgers too much. And really, who needs hogs for even my publicity hanging around? Hot Palin buttons. I heard some liberal Dem Rep. complaining about this on CNN. She was offended--said these buttons were sexist. This is what she chose to get outraged about after the week Sarah Palin and her family have endured.But we know the real reason she was upset--Gov. Sarah Palin is very, very popular. Count Nevada red?One view upriver from the Guthrie, an old stone RR bridge turned bike path. Minnesota Nice to everyone.

UPDATE: My new blogger friend Michael Bates of Batesline, well met at the convention, rounds us all up. Interesting and amusing stuff--encounters with Code Pinkos, and whither Hillary supporters. We report:) here.

No comments: