Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Oh, we are the terrorists

My God. It has come to this. The world turned on its head. Michelle Malkin. The Department of Homeland Security views conservatives as dangerous extremists:

In Obama land, there are no coincidences. It is no coincidence that this report echoes Tea Party-bashing left-wing blogs (check this one out comparing the Tea Party movement to the Weather Underground!) and demonizes the very Americans who will be protesting in the thousands on Wednesday for the nationwide Tax Day Tea Party.

From the report, p.2:

Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

Well, hey, I've never done anything remotely radical in my life (well, maybe going to Harvard)...perhaps now's the time...

well maybe, being a Sox fan in Cubs territory...who knows what I could be capable of.

If I were single issue, why would I ever bother voting in Illinois? Are there any pro-life pols in my area? I don't think so. As for immigration, by all means--how else will we be able to pay for social security.

OK, OK, I'm going to sleep.

No comments: