Monday, August 03, 2009

The best years of his life

Borrowing an idea from London and its tube-riders, a captive audience to their neighbor's conversation, is there a place on the El for a well-placed quote? The Tribune suggests a few, including this:
"I am leaving for St. Petersburg, Fla., tomorrow. Let the worthy citizens of Chicago get their liquor the best they can. I'm sick of the job -- it's a thankless one and full of grief. ... I've been spending the best years of my life as a public benefactor."
Who said it? Read on, and offer some more of your own.

P.S. I think bleepin' golden Blago is in close competition with the mayor, though he seems to have quite an appreciation for a good quote himself. Perhaps he could do another book. (You can pre-order his first at a discount.) He also has a wonderful facility for inspiring some juicy remarks himself. We know Blago gave us the best years of his life. Unfortunately we paid for it too.

No comments: