Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Political Hotsheet on Ayers

...and my posts. The Caucus linked, now CBS. Dennis Byrne's blog at the Tribune early on. Will the rest of the MSM pursue the story? Probably not really. Why change? Keep trying to keep the clothes on the Emperor.

But CBS blogger Brian Montopoli covered my response to Huffpo's new favorite blogger HotAir, on the have his cake and eat it too Bill Ayers. I quote:
"Of course Ayers is messing with us," she writes. "He's messing with Obama too. I think he wanted plausible deniability. But I think he wants credit. Whether he wrote it or not, I think he wants credit. And I actually do now think he wrote it. But if no one believes him now that would be funny too--because he's cried wolf all these years and has no credibility left. Now that he's ratting out Obama it could be all bets are off. Maybe some of Ayers old partners in crime will be persuaded by Rahmbo to rat him out. Whatever. You decide, but I don't think this is the end of it."
You know, I think it is pretty funny, there's a question about this--who is more credible? Me or Bill Ayers.

I've raised my kids, braved PTA politics, and I am not nor ever have been an unrepentant domestic terrorist. Well, maybe in the kitchen.

I always thought I had a great capacity for boredom, but it's been tested. Who knew I nurtured a fevered rightie swamp fever? Can't we all get along? Can't you lefties agree he's a manipulative, attention-seeking, narcissistic weak piece of humanity? I'm talking about Bill Ayers, not The One. I have worse words for Ayers, but in the interest of comity I will refrain.

Believe Barack Obama when he says he hardly knew him if you want. But Bill Ayers was his mentor and buddy early on--and Bill Ayers doesn't want to shut up. More hotsheets to come.

P.S. My friend, Chicago blogger Tom Mannis, Chicago News Bench latest post here:
If Ayers was telling the truth, then Barack Obama is guilty of literary fraud by falsely claiming to have written "Dreams From My Father." On the other hand, if Ayers lied to Anne Leary, then Ayers is guilty of - and I'm serious here - defaming author Barack Obama, his publishing company, and his book's publicists by saying that they misrepresented the true authorship of the book, and therefore the book was not truly autobiographical.

8 comments:

Melinda said...

You know I am not sure if he wrote it or not but I do think he's playing a game. I think the sharks think Obama is moving too slowly and are warning him. I think this is part of it. I don't think the point is really did Ayers write Dreams. I think the point is what is he really saying?

Anne said...

Yes. Ayers is warning Obama from the left.(anti-war) Do as I say or rue the day.

The Chicago Way.

barry bonds said...

Ayers isn't guilty of anything for joking. For one thing, he was fooling with you, and for the other thing, you're not a major media figure, so he didn't presume that anything he said to you would be big news.

---

Also, how could he be playing a game with Obama if he didn't think that his quote would make news? If he told CBS, maybe he'd be playing with Obama--and he most certainly could tell CBS if he wanted to--but just seeing a random conservative blogger at the airport and joking with her, that's not a way to get a message out to Obama.

Anne said...

Hey Barry. Obviously Ayers recognized me as a force. :)

I had on a power jacket.

Chicago is a big small town.

PersonalFailure said...

You clearly think more of yourself than is reasonable.

Shakes The Clown said...

"You know, I think it is pretty funny, there's a question about this--who is more credible? Me or Bill Ayers."

Good point. I am with you Anne.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many of the lefty haters have actually read Jack Cashill's exensive analysis. I have. Cashill demonstrates Ayers fingerprints are all over Dreams. The words, phrases, ideas and concepts between Dreams and books known to have been authored by Ayers are too similar to have occurred by chance or coincidence.

I doubt Ayers wrote every word/page/chapter. I think Anne's idea that Ayer's "heavily edited" it may be a more apt characterization, but even that may not be strong enough. Co-author is probably more accurate.

Either that or Obama plagarized Ayers work. How ironic that if that is the truth, both the President and Vice President would be plagarists.

Melinda said...

This to Barry. I think Ayers knew what he was doing when he said that to Anne. He is a smart man. He knows how big the internet is and how fast news gets out now.