Friday, April 02, 2010

Dana Loesch, Patriot Dame


I’m not doing anything different than what any activist across the aisle has done for the past eight years before Obama; the difference is that I and every other conservative of my acquaintance has had the grace and humility to give the other side a voice without beating them down in a parking lot, punching people in the face, biting off their fingers, or egging their buses. Suddenly when the right exhibits a mild form of protest people on the left get full-on PMS which may attribute to why they have forgotten their actions under the previous administration.

I’m not any more special than any other activist out there. I’m in this for hearts and minds. My dog in this fight are my two, home-educated children, my small business-owner husband, and the liberty and pursuit of happiness for myself and my loved ones. I had no plan to ever be behind a mic hosting a daily radio show, as I’ve now done for the past two years, or being in front of a television camera. I began as a writer and started blogging in 2001, first on politics, anonymously. I think that God has blessed each of us with innate gifts and if I’ve demonstrated any ability to not stick my foot in my mouth on air or in the written word, then I will take that and stand for liberty on the right side of God.

---Writing in Big Journalism

No comments: