Wednesday, July 13, 2011

#MakesObamaCry

The Hill (omg I have tears in my eyes LOL):
Republicans said a tense negotiation over raising the $14.3 trillion debt limit at the White House ended when President Obama stormed out of the meeting with a stern warning to Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.): “Don’t call my bluff.”
“It ended with the president abruptly walking out of the meeting,” Cantor told reporters upon returning to the Capitol.
Hey, I've met Eric Cantor, and my money's on him. The Virginian. (Heh.) More:
Cantor said he asked Obama if would consider allowing two votes on the debt ceiling to give leaders more time to negotiate additional budget savings while avoiding a calamitous default.
“That’s when he got very agitated, seemingly, and said that he had sat there long enough, and that no other president – Ronald Reagan wouldn’t sit here like this – and that he’s reached the point where something’s got to give,” Cantor said, describing the president’s reaction.
“He said to me, ‘Eric, don’t call my bluff. I’m going to the American people with this,’” Cantor said. “I was somewhat taken aback,” he added with a smile.
Can we make it trend? 
Kim Edwards

More. The Politico. Get a load of the comments.

   ---Thanks for the link, Pundit & Pundette. Hit it, Frank!

Related post: Prima Donna Obama. PC Press Miffed

No comments: