Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Morning Skyline

We sold our house in the suburbs and downsized to rent in the city. My spouse gets to walk to work and I get to walk the dog, cuz you can't just let her slip out the door.

I can't say I enjoy the lines and paper shuffling at City Hall to pay for the privilege of a car tax sticker--it's not like I was trying to vote or something, maybe I should have said I was David Axelrod.

I can't say I appreciate Greenpeace/Occupy/rent a grievance on the streets, but there are moments like this.

P.S. And keep your mitts off my plastic bags.

2 comments:

jill said...

Wow! Though we aren't there yet, I've often thought about such a move and wondered what it would be like.

Anne said...

I am just thankful I survived the move:)

It was easier to get rid of my stuff than the kids'--I have the walk in closet full of packed away baby blankets, precious toys and sentiments of childhood. The books I mostly took up to our summer cottage for rainy day reading.

I think if I didn't have that bolt hole it would have been harder, though I've found pockets in the city to hear bird song in the morning--assuming I get up early enough:)

Anne